Marking doesn’t have to be laborious. Follow this advice.
Frequency of marking
Because you wander the room checking progress, and making suggestions along the way, and because you ask excellent questions that check for learning also, you only need to
- Mark one piece of work that is a culmination of things learnt.
- Don’t mark again until the student has acted on the feedback
What does feedback look like?
- Tick if it’s correct. Double tick if it’s great, 3 if it’s insightful.
- Only if necessary, provide strategies to adjust work – no more than 3.
- Don’t provide EBI – that’s your next lesson.
What else do I say about marking?